What data do we collect?
WSDC may collect the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, address, year of birth, job title, email address, phone number, Wine Society Membership number etc.)
- When processing your membership and if you register for an event we may collect payment information.
- Information to facilitate events (Dietary requirements, access and ability requirements etc)
- Photos taken at events
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide WSDC with most of the data we collect. We may also collect data and process data when you:
- Become a member or renew membership of WSDC or place an order for event tickets (for yourself and/or your guests).
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback at any of our events or via email.
- Use or view our Website via your browser’s cookies.
WSDC may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- The Wine Society- for example queries related to the WSDC and its events, verification of share number etc.
- Your bank- when a standing order is created your bank may share the details of that order with our bank which is shared with us.
How will we use your data?
WSDC collects your data so that we can:
- manage your membership;
- process and manage event bookings;
- email you with information about our events and any other products and/or services we think you might like;
- make such disclosures as may be required by law or regulation. In each case we will seek, where practicable, to minimise the amount of data that is disclosed;
- Generate internal reports to manage the club;
- Create a membership archive for historical purposes (for example including photos, seating plans etc)
When WSDC processes your membership or any event ticket requests, it may send your data to;
- Event venues
- Event facilitators such as caterers
How do we store your data?
WSDC securely stores your digital data using a Microsoft Azure database facility.
WSDC also maintains a physical archive including but not limited to the following information - Application form, seating plans, photos, committee and AGM minutes
WSDC would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of other relevant third party companies such as the Wine Society or speakers at our events.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date of either third party or WSDC marketing emails. Please note that opting out of WSDC marketing may adversely impact the benefit of your membership of WSDC (as we will not be able to inform you about our events).
You have the right at any time to stop WSDC from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other necessary organisations. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email [insert email address].
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request WSDC for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that WSDC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask WSDC to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that WSDC erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that WSDC restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to WSDC’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that WSDC transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [insert generic email]
Or write to us: Wine Society Dining Club, Box 145, 5 High Street, Maidenhead. SL6 1JN.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [insert generic email]
Or write to us at: Wine Society Dining Club, Box 145, 5 High Street, Maidenhead. SL6 1JN.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to make a complaint or if you feel that WSDC has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk/
Is all data stored within EEA? Does website host have any storage facilities outside EEA? If we ever toured outside the EEA or transfer data outside EEA this would also require additional clauses.